To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the 5Point Film Festival. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that 5Point’s legacy as Colorado’s premier adventure film festival maintains its cultural holding within the film and outdoor industry through audience, filmmaker, and partnership development.
- Provide leadership, vision, oversite, and implementation for all aspects of the nonprofit’s mission and purpose through organizational development, executive leadership, operational management, financial oversight, program development and execution, publicity and marketing, in-house content production, and the cultivation of the Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning, operation, and management of the annual budget.
- Executive and artistic producer for all 5Point programs and events including the annual Flagship Festival, 5Point Unlocked, 5Point On the Road Tour and film distribution, 5Point Film Fund, 5Point Educational Programs, and the Dream Project scholarship program.
- Solicit, contract, and oversee all national brand partnerships and local sponsorships.
- Manage ticketing and other earned income revenue streams.
- Articulate the case for support; write grants, and fundraise on behalf of the organization’s year-round programming.
- Oversee and help to execute marketing and brand development across all platforms and channels.
- Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission and established goals.
- Responsible for hiring, contracting and overseeing employees and independent contractors for all areas of the organization as well as oversee and manage the internship program.
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the organization’s overall operations and daily organizational administration.
Candidate will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following attributes:
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Nonprofit management experience.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
$65,000 – $80,000 + benefits and potential for performance based bonus
5Point Film is built on five guiding principles: Respect, Commitment, Humility, Purpose and Balance. We believe these same principles also form the foundation for individuals who lead lives of adventure and connect all of us who share an elemental passion to explore and expand our boundaries.
Respect – For each other, for the environment, for the experience and for the knowledge we inherit from those who inspire and teach us.
Commitment – To overcome fear and give ourselves completely to the challenge at hand while leading a vital existence and never allowing ourselves to become complacent.
Humility – To assume the courage and the discipline to listen to our intuition and not our egos, always mindful of our place in the natural order.
Purpose – To muster the motivation and conviction necessary to pursue our highest aspirations in the face of adversity.
Balance – To maintain our focus and energy in life, in nature, and on the journeys we undertake while things we cannot control shift around us.
We believe that communities are made better when their people pursue adventure and intentionally live their own best story. Our mission is to ignite personal and communal adventure of all kinds through the experience of sharing meaningful stories.